ESET Endpoint Security
Integrates ESET Endpoint Antivirus's robust virus and spyware scanning engine, with a bi-directional firewall to stop hacker attacks.
ESET Endpoint Security 6 represents a new approach to truly integrated computersecurity. The most recent version of the ThreatSense® scanning engine, combined with our custom Firewall and Antispam module, utilises speed and precision to keep your computersafe. The result is an intelligent system that is constantly on alert for attacks and malicious software endangering your computer.
ESET Endpoint Security 6 is a complete security solution produced from our long-term effort to combine maximum protection and a minimal system footprint. The advanced technologies, based on artificial intelligence, are capable of proactively eliminating infiltration by viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware, rootkits and other Internet-borne attacks without hindering system performance or disrupting your computer.
ESET Endpoint Security 6 is primarily designed for use on workstations in a small business environment. Using ESET Endpoint Security with ESET Remote Administrator in an enterprise environment allows you to easily manage any number of client workstations, apply policies and rules, monitor detections and remotely configure clients from any networked computer.
ESET Endpoint Security - Features
- Antivirus and Antispyware Protection: Eliminates all types of threats, including viruses, rootkits, worms and spyware. Optional cloud-powered scanning: Whitelisting of safe files based on file reputation database in the cloud for better detection and faster scanning. Only information about executable and archive files is sent to the cloud – such data are not personally attributable.
- Exploit Blocker - Fighting Targeted Attacks: Strengthens security of applications such as web browsers, PDF readers, email clients or MS office components, which are commonly exploited. Monitors process behaviors and looks for suspicious activities typical of exploits. Strengthens protection against targeted attacks and previously unknown exploits, i.e. zero-day attacks.
- Advanced Memory Scanner: Monitors the behavior of malicious processes and scans them once they decloak, allowing for effective infection prevention, even from heavily obfuscated malware.
- Virtualisation Support: ESET Shared Local Cache stores metadata about already scanned files within the virtual environment so identical files are not scanned again, resulting in boosted scan speed. ESET module updates and virus signatures database are stored outside of the default location, so these don’t have to be downloaded every time a virtual machine is reverted to default snapshot.
- Anti-Phishing: Protects end users from attempts by fake websites to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords or banking and credit card details.
- Web Control: Limits website access by category, e.g. gaming, social networking, shopping and others. Enables you to create rules for user groups to comply with your company policies. Soft blocking – notifies the end user that the website is blocked giving him an option to access the website, with activity logged.
- Device Control: Blocks unauthorised devices (CDs/DVDs and USBs) from your system. Enables you to create rules for user groups to comply with your company policies. Soft blocking – notifies the end user that his device is blocked and gives him the option to access the device, with activity logged.
- Vulnerability Shield: Improves detection of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) on widely used protocols such as SMB, RPC and RDP. Protects against vulnerabilities for which a patch has not yet been released or deployed.
- Two-Way Firewall: Prevents unauthorised access to your company network providing anti-hacker protection and data exposure prevention. Lets you define trusted networks, making all other connections, such as to public Wi-Fi, in ‘strict’ mode by default. Troubleshooting wizard guides you through a set of questions, identifying problematic rules, or allowing you to create new ones.
- Botnet Protection: Protects against infiltration by botnet malware – preventing spam and network attacks launched from the endpoint.
- Low System Demands: ESET Endpoint Security delivers proven protection while leaving more system resources for essential programs that end users depend on daily.
- Extremely User-Friendly Remote Administration: ESET Endpoint Security comes fully manageable via ESET Remote Administrator. delivering a perfect “look & see” overview of the network security status.
- RIP & Replace: Other security software is detected and uninstalled during installation of ESET Endpoint solutions. Supports both 32 and 64-bit systems.
- Customisable User Interface Visibility: Visibility of Graphical User Interface (GUI) to end user can be set to: Full, Minimal, Manual or Silent. Presence of ESET solution can be made completely invisible to end user, inclu
ESET Endpoint Security - System Requirements
Forseamless operation of ESET Endpoint Security, the system should meet the following hardware and software requirements (default product settings):
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GHz or higher (see Note 1).
- Microsoft ® Windows ® 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP SP3 32-bit/XP SP2 64-bit.
- An operating system and the required service pack supported by the chosen ESET product version installed.
- System requirements of the operating system and othersoftware installed on the computer are fulfilled.
- 0.3 GB of free system memory (see Note 2).
- 1 GB of free disk space(see Note 3).
- Minimum display resolution 1024x768.
- Internet connection or a local area network connection to a source (see Note 4) of product updates.
Although it might be possible to install and run the product on systems that do not meet these requirements, we recommend prior usability testing to be done based on performance requirements.
(1): In case of Windows XP operating system, the minimum processorspeed requirement could be lower.
(2): The product might use more memory if the memory would be otherwise unused on a heavily infected.
computer or when huge lists of data are being imported into the product (e.g. URL white lists).
(3): The disk space needed to download the installer, install the product and to keep a copy of the installation package in program data as well as backups of product updates to support the rollback feature. The product might use more disk space under different settings (e.g. when more product update backup versions are stored, memory dumps or huge amounts of log records are kept) or on an infected computer (e.g. due to the quarantine feature). We recommend to keep enough free disk space to support the updates of the operating system and for ESET product updates.
(4): Although not recommended, the product might be updated manually from a removable media.