ReSharper is an intelligent add-in to Visual Studio. It comes equipped with a rich set of features including intelligent coding assistance, on-the-fly error highlighting and quick error correction. ReSharper also supports code refactoring, unit testing, navigation and search. NAnt and MS Build Scripts Editing and ASP.NET editing.
Benefits of ReSharper:
- Refactorings: 50+ refactorings and 420+ context actions help safely organize code and move it around the solution, distribute responsibility, decouple, decrease complexity, or simply use alternative language syntax.
- Navigation and Search: ReSharper helps instantly land at any code in a solution, no matter how large it is. It can also navigate you from any symbol to related code such as implementations of a given interface, extension methods of a class, or usages of a field.
- Code generation: ReSharper can create a lot of code for you: from new files and classes to conditional blocks and GUIDs; from methods and properties required by an interface being implemented to equality checks and formatting members.
ReSharper - Features
- NEW: Visual Studio 2017 RTM support Full support for Visual Studio 2017 new features is finally here.
- NEW: C# 7 support ReSharper receives a lot of new inspections to comply with the C# 7 compiler.
- NEW: Unit testing ReSharpers unit testing works in both project.json- and .csproj-based projects in Visual Studio 2017 RTM. It discovers and runs MSTest and xUnit tests and supports code coverage and profiling as well as targeting multiple frameworks. NUnit tests that target .NET 4x frameworks are supported.
- NEW: Code cleanup, new code style and formatting options ReSharpers Code Cleanup gets usability improvements. Now you can create and configure your custom task-specific profiles right in the Code Cleanup dialog box
- NEW: Angular 2 templates syntax ReSharper understands the following elements of Angular 2 templates syntax: template expressions, template statements, NgFor directive and template variables.
- NEW: Code analysis with ReSharper'sFile Status Indicator you can quickly toggle not only ReSharper code analysis but also identifier highlightings and Visual Studio code analysis (lightbulb and squiggles).
- Code editing helpers: Multiple code editing helpers are available, such as extended IntelliSense, hundreds of instant code transformations, auto-importing namespaces, rearranging code and displaying documentation.
- Code generation: You don't have to write properties, overloads, implementations and comparers by hand: use code generation actions to handle boilerplate code faster.
- Eliminate errors and code smells: Instant fixes help eliminate errors and code smells. Not only does ReSharper warn you when there are problems in your code but it provides quick-fixes to solve them automatically.
- Safely change your code base: Apply solution-wide refactorings to safely change your code base. Whether you need to revitalise legacy code or put your project structure in order, you can lean on ReSharper.
- Compliance to coding standards: Use code formatting and cleanup to get rid of unused code and ensure compliance to coding standards.
- More features: Other ReSharper features include a powerful unit test runner, various kinds of code templates, a project dependency viewer, internationalisation assistance, as well as language-specific features for ASP.NET/ASP.NET MVC, XAML and other technologies.
ReSharper - System Requirements
- Processor: min. Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- For Visual Studio integration: min. 4GB, recommended 6GB or higher
- For standalone dotTrace, dotMemory, dotPeek: min. 512MB, recommended 2GB or higher
- Minimum space: 400 Mb
- Using SSD instead of HDD is recommended for optimal performance
- Operating system (a 64-bit OS is highly recommended for optimal performance):
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista (not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 (not recommended)
Visual Studio integration
ReSharper Ultimate products integrate into the following Visual Studio releases (Community, Professional and higher editions; Express editions are not supported):
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 RC, 2015 Updates 1, 2 or 3, 2013 Update 5, 2012 Update 3, 2010 SP1 + .NET Framework 4.5
dotMemory, dotCover, dotTrace and their respective remote profiling agents require .NET Framework 4.5 or 4.6 to be installed.
dotMemory and dotTrace allow profiling any .NET application that runs with the following frameworks:
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 or 4.6
- Silverlight 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1
- CoreCLR 1.0 or 1.1
dotPeek 2016.3.1 (32-bit and 64-bit executables) is known to work under Windows Vista and more recent Microsoft operating systems (and runs under .NET Framework 3.5).
dotPeek 2016.3.1 as a web installer and as part of the ReSharper Ultimate installer requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher to run.