Provides a personal firewall, anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-spyware protection against malware, viruses, trojans, worms, rootkits and spyware. It comprises the ESET NOD32 Antivirus and the ThreatSense engines.
ESET Smart Security represents a new approach to truly integrated computer security. The most recent version of the ESET LiveGrid scanning engine, combined with ESET's custom Personal firewall and Antispam modules, utilises speed and precision to keep your computer safe. The result is an intelligent system that is constantly on alert for attacks and malicious software that might endanger your computer.
ESET Smart Security is a complete security solution that combines maximum protection and a minimal system footprint. ESET's advanced technologies use artificial intelligence to prevent infiltration by viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware, rootkits and other threats without hindering system performance or disrupting your computer.
What's new in version 10?
ESET Smart Security version 10 features the following improvements:
- Home Network Protection – Protects your computers from incoming network threats.
- Webcam Protection – Controls processes and applications that access your computer's webcam.
- Script-Based Attack Protection – Proactively protects you from dynamic script-based attacks and non-traditional attack vectors.
- ESET Password Manager – Allows you to store, organise and share passwords, credit card numbers and other sensitive information.
- ESET Secure Data – Secures your removable media using certified encryption algorithms (FIPS 140-2).
- High performance and low system impact – Version 10 is designed for efficient use of system resources, allowing you to enjoy your computer's performance while defending against new types of threats.
- Windows 10 compatibility – ESET fully supports Microsoft Windows 10.
ESET Smart Security - Features
- Redesigned user interface: The user interface in version 9 has been significantly redesigned and simplified based on the results of usability testing. All GUI wording and notifications have been carefully reviewed and the interface now provides support for right-to-left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic. Online help is now integrated into ESET Smart Security and offers dynamically updated support content.
- Antivirus and antispyware: Proactively detects and cleans more known and unknown viruses, worms, trojans and rootkits. Advanced heuristics flags even never-before-seen malware, protecting you from unknown threats and neutralising them before they can do any harm. Web access protection and Anti-Phishing works by monitoring communication between web browsers and remote servers (including SSL). Email client protection provides control of email communication received through the POP3(S) and IMAP(S) protocols.
- Regular updates: Regularly updating the virus signature database and program modules is the best way to ensure the maximum level of security on your computer.
- ESET LiveGrid (Cloud-powered Reputation): You can check the reputation of running processes and files directly from ESET Smart Security.
- Device control: Automatically scans all USB flash drives, memory cards and CDs/DVDs. Blocks removable media based on the type of media, manufacturer, size and other attributes.
- HIPS functionality: You can customise the behavior of the system in greater detail; specify rules for the system registry, active processes and programs and fine-tune your security posture.
- Gamer mode: Postpones all pop-up windows, updates or other system-intensive activities to conserve system resources for gaming and other full-screen activities.
- Banking & Payment Protection: Banking & Payment protection provides a secure browser for use when accessing online banking or online payment gateways to ensure all online transactions take place in a trusted and secure environment.
- Support for Network signatures: Network signatures allow fast identification and block malicious traffic coming to and from users devices such as bots and exploit packs. The feature can be considered an enhancement of Botnet Protection.
- Intelligent Firewall: Prevents unauthorised users from accessing your computer and taking advantage of your personal data.
- ESET Antispam: Spam represents up to 80 percent of all email communication. Antispam protection serves to protect against this problem.
- ESET Anti-Theft: ESET Anti-Theft expands user-level security in the case of a lost or stolen computer. Once users install ESET Smart Security and ESET Anti-Theft, their device will be listed in the web interface. The web interface allows users to manage their ESET Anti-Theft configuration and administer anti-theft features on their device.
- Parental control: Protects your family from potentially offensive web content by blocking various website categories.
ESET Smart Security - System Requirements
Your system should meet the following hardware and software requirements for ESET Smart Security Premium to perform optimally:
Intel® or AMD x86-x64
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- Microsoft® Windows® Home Server 2011 64-bit
ESET Anti-Theft does not support Microsoft Windows Home Servers.