Highmaps is a HTML5 mapping component optimized for creating schematic maps in web based projects.
- Mobile Friendly: Highmaps is designed from ground up with mobile browsers in mind. Everything from multitouch zooming to touch-friendly tooltips responds great on mobile platforms. Nevertheless, Highmaps also works in old browsers like IE6-8.
- Map Collection: For your convenience, we provide a collection of hundreds of maps, all optimised for fast download and rendering with Highmaps.
- Open: One of the key features of Highmaps is that under any of the licenses, free or not, you are allowed to download the source code and make your own edits. This allows for personal modifications and a great flexibility.
- Dynamic: Through a full API you can add, remove and modify series and points or modify axes at any time after chart creation. Numerous events supply hooks for programming against the chart. In combination with jQuery's or other frameworks' Ajax APIs, this opens for solutions like live charts constantly updating with values from the server, user supplied data and more.
- Various Map Types: Map area, map line, points of interest, bubbles on maps, heatmaps. These features correspond to series types in Highcharts.
- Color Axis: For full control over the color layout of the Highmaps choropleth maps, a separate color axis is displayed inside the legend. It inherits most features from scalar axes in order to provide common options like min, max, logarithic scale and more.
- Navigation: Highmaps features all common ways of navigating, like plus/minus buttons, doubleclick to zoom, mousewheel zooming, multitouch and panning.
- Drilldown: The drilldown module ensures smooth interaction between map areas on one layer, which zoom into a full map on the underlying layer. Let your users click their way down into increasingly local data!
- Geojson Support: Besides the common Series/Point concept, Highmaps accepts the standardised GeoJSON format for map input.
- Export and print: With the exporting module enabled, your users can export the chart to PNG, JPG, PDF or SVG format at the click of a button or print the chart directly from the web page.