Software application enabling network administrators to automate routine tasks including e-mail notification and reports.
SolarWinds Kiwi CatTools is network automation tool that manages configurations on network devices such as routers, switches and firewalls. It allows you to work more efficiently by scheduling automatic backup activities and rolling out configuration changes to multiple devices at the same time. With native support for devices from dozens of manufacturers, Kiwi CatTools simplifies network administration, configuration change alerting and backup management.
- Schedule automated network configuration backups: Schedule automated backups of network device configuration from routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Perform bulk configuration changes on multiple devices: Easily and simultaneously perform or schedule configuration changes across multiple network devices.
- Increase security with configuration change alerting: Receive real-time alerts when unauthorised configuration changes occur on network devices.
- Multi-vendor device support: Out-of-the-box support for both IPv4 and IPv6 devices from vendors such as Cisco, HP, Huawei, 3Com and more.
- Compare device configurations and analyse changes: Compare configurations between two devices and compare startup and running configurations.
- Roll back network configuration when needed: Maintain a complete configuration history and facilitate rollbacks to the last good configuration.
Kiwi CatTools - Features
- More than sixty different device-types
- Multi-threaded operation for faster backups and data gathering
- Activities can be scheduled or run immediately
- Encrypted device database
- Optional password protection for program and device database access
- Telnet, SSH1, SSH1.5 (Cisco) and SSH2 connectivity
- Connect via intermediary devices
- Import and export of devices via tab delimited text files
- Built-in report viewing window
- Built in multi-threaded TFTP Server
- Standard version runs on Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista
- Service version runs on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista.
Kiwi CatTools - System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2008 (32 and 64-bit*)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit*)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 (32 and 64-bit*: if upgrading to Microsoft Windows 2003 Server from Windows 2000 Server, it is necessary to install the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 and 64-bit*)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 4).
- Minimum: 1.2 GHz processor with at least 256 MB RAM
- Minimum Disk space required: 20 MB.
* 64-bit Systems (x64 support): Kiwi CatTools runs in WOW64 (Windows-on-Windows 64-bit) mode on 64-bit systems. WOW64 is a subsystem of the Windows operating system that is capable of running 32-bit applications and is included on all 64-bit versions of Windows, including Windows XP 64-bit Editions, Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition and Windows Vista 64-bit Editions.