Network Configuration Manager
Network configuration and change management that can be used as a standalone product or integrated with Orion NPM. It provides real-time notification when configurations change to help to determine which changes could cause network problems.
Before you monitor your network, configure it! A reliable and secure network starts with carefully planned, executed and monitored network configuration and change management. SolarWinds Network Configuration
Manager (NCM) saves time and improves network reliability and security by managing configurations, changes and compliance for routers, switches and other network devices from Cisco, Juniper, HP, Dell, Brocade, F5 Aruba, Rukus and more.
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager benefits:
- Reduce configuration errors using standardised device configurations and deployment automation.
- Improve network reliability using change monitoring, alerting, configuration backup and rollback.
- Manage change using workflows to approve updates and safely delegate work to others with roles and permissions.
- Improve network security using Cisco IOS and ASA vulnerability scanning and NIST FISMA, DISA STIG and DSS PCI compliance assessments.
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager - Features
- Multi-vendor network change and configuration management: Manage configs for routers, switches and other devices from Cisco, Juniper, HP and more.
- Configuration Backup: Recover quickly from hardware faults and human-caused configuration errors.
- Real-time configuration change notification: Integration with Network Performance Monitor NetPath allows you to receive immediate details about configuration changes.
- Configuration Compliance Auditing: Help ensure that devices are configured and operating in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Network Change Automation: Make standardised configuration changes in minutes across dissimilar devices.
- Network device life-cycle management: Cisco SMARTnet integration and automatic network discovery for security, warranty and EoL alerts.
- Integrates with NPM and other IT Management Solutions: Modular architecture allows you to easily extend your management tools as your needs evolve.
- Analyse Configuration Changes: Identify specific configuration changes using before and after, side-by-side analysis.
- Network Inventory: Automatically discover, profile and manage devices connected to your network.
- Job Scheduling: Utilise service windows using job queuing and scheduling based on nodes, dates and times.
- Vulnerability Management: Identify and manage IOS security risks using National Vulnerability Database CVE integration.
- Reporting: Document devices, node details, ports, routes, VLAN's, IP's, services and more.
- Change Review and Approval Workflow: Stop unwanted configuration changes with customisable, two-step review and approval workflow.
- Roles and Permissions: Delegate configuration and change mangement tasks based on assignable roles and permissions.
- Centralised Device Credential Management: Centrally and securely manage remote device access using connection profiles.
- Manage any CLI device: Teach NCM how to interact with any CLI-managed device using customisable device templates.
- Powerful Search: Easily search across your device inventory for devices, histories, configs, commands, parameters and more.
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager - System Requirements
Hard Drive: 20GB
CPU: 3GHz, dual-core
.NET Framework: .NET 4.5 required
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2
Supports Express, Standard, or Enterprise versions of the following:
- SQL Server 2008, 2008 SP1, 2008 SP2, 2008 SP3, or 2008 SP4
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2008 R2 SP1, 2008 R2 SP2, or 2008 R2 SP3
- SQL Server 2012, 2012 SP1, 2012 SP2, or 2012 SP3
- SQL Server 2014, or 2014 SP1
- SQL Server 2016
Disclaimer/Note: The minimum server requirements listed assume default configuration. Significantly increasing the poll rate or statistic collection rate could result in additional load on the server, which may require a larger CPU or additional memory.