Visual stylesheet designer for transforming XML, XBRL and database content into HTML, RTF, PDF and Word 2007+ (OOXML) output for creating authentic electronic forms.
Altova StyleVision is an award-winning tool for designing compelling reports and forms based on XML, SQL database and XBRL inputs. It makes the power of XSLT available in an intuitive and visual design tool and adds rich content such as eye-catching charts, making it possible for designers and developers to focus on their target designs (in HTML, PDF, Word/Open XML and other formats) rather than XSLT details.
StyleVision is available the following editions:
- StyleVision Basic Edition: Supports graphical XSLT stylesheet design for publishing XML in eye-catching HTML web pages.
- StyleVision Professional Edition: Supports graphically designing stylesheets and forms that render HTML and RTF output from XML or database content and produce electronic forms for use with Altova Authentic.
- StyleVision Enterprise Edition: Provides an advanced functionality, including producing Word (Open XML) and PDF output, rendering financial reports based on XBRL data and chart and graph creation.
Altova StyleVision - Features
- Visual Report and Form Designer: StyleVision can create and generate compelling reports used to analyse and present data from XML, SQL database and XBRL input types in online and print-ready formats. Report designs can include dynamic content elements including tables and beautiful charts. The same visual design tool also produces Authentic enterprise forms, which empower business users to analyse and update information stored in XML and SQL systems
- Multi-channel Publisher: With StyleVision, a single design can be used to automatically publish visually compelling reports in HTML, PDF, RTF and Word (Open XML), cost-effectively enabling multi-channel publishing of critical business information and providing a powerful one-to-many (one design, many output channels) business intelligence solution
- XML, Database and XBRL Reporting: Unlike business reporting tools specialised for a particular data format or database vendor, StyleVision uniquely supports XML, all major relational databases and XBRL in a single tool, allowing you to create advanced reports that access and combine data in compelling ways. Functionality specialised for the intricacies of each input is available, such as XML Schema generation from XML instance documents, a Database Query window and SQL editor and XBRL Table and Chart Wizards
- XSLT Stylesheet Designer: StyleVisions visual design paradigm makes the broad and deep power of XSLT available to document-oriented application designers in a way that abstracts away the underlying XSLT complexity. XSLT resources generated by StyleVision are completely standards-based and can be used in other tools and solutions, significantly improving developer productivity
Altova StyleVision - System Requirements
Altova software applications are available for the following platforms:
- 32-bit Windows applications for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/2008
- 64-bit Windows applications for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012
Since the software is written in C++ it does not require the overhead of a Java Runtime Environment and typically requires less memory than comparable Java-based applications. However, each document is loaded fully into memory so as to parse it completely and to improve viewing and editing speed. The memory requirement increases with the size of the document.
Memory requirements are also influenced by the unlimited Undo history. When repeatedly cutting and pasting large selections in large documents, available memory can rapidly be depleted.
All Altova solutions are available at the following link: https://www.qbssoftware.fr/en/category/altova-en/