Telerik UI for Android contains components designed for the mobile environment.
Telerik UI for Android is a library of native UI components built from the ground-up to deliver fast loading, excellent drawing capabilities, pixel-perfectness and sleek interactivity on any device and screen-size running Android. The product bridges missing controls and functionalities in the Android native offering including charts, calendar, list and more.
Telerik UI for Android contains components designed for the mobile environment. They offer great performance in loading time, drawing capabilities and real-time updates. The intuitive object model and public API allow you to easily setup complex objects and integrate them into your applications.
- RadChartView: A charting control that supports different chart types (and series) organised in hierarchies, depending on the coordinate system, used to plot the data pointsfor example Cartesian (RadCartesianChartView) and radial (RadPieChartView) coordinate systems.
- RadCalendarView: A calendar control which provides different date representations (in a week, month or year), different selection modes and events integration.
- RadListView: A list control which provides popular list features that you will need in you app like: selection, item reordering, loading items on demand, etc.
- RadDataForm: A control that provides an easy and versatile approach to processing data objects public members and building mobile forms fast.
- RadSideDrawer: The control is a highly customisable drawer that uses slide-out design pattern and allows developers to embed any content inside the sliding panel from text and icons to sliders and filters.
- RadDataSource: It is a non-UI control for working with in-memory data which makes it easy for developers to perform sorting, filtering and grouping operations.
- RadScrollView: A layout container for a view hierarchy that can be scrolled by the user both horizontally and vertically, allowing it to be larger than the physical display.
- RadFeedback: A control that provides the feedback experience for the end users and allows them to make a snapshot of any glitch they encounter and send it immediately.
UI for Android - Features
- Fill Gaps in the Android UI Framework: Bridge missing functionalities in the Native Android Framework
- Predefined Styles and Palettes: Achieve beautiful color combinations in your app using out-of-the-box styles
- Familiar and Easy to Use API: Integrating Telerik Android controls within your project is easy and straightforward
- Support for Your Preferred IDE: UI for Android supports both Eclipse and Android Studio
- Ultimate Performance: The same smooth experience on any device and screen-size running Android
- Fast and Precise Pan and Zoom: Smooth and fluid interaction thanks to UI virtualisation
- Plenty of Learning Materials: Extensive documentation, examples on GitHub and video tutorials
- Transparent Roadmap: Benefit from our transparent roadmap and commitment to it
- Xamarin Wrappers: Xamarin wrappers for the Telerik iOS controls are available as part of UI for Xamarin.
UI for Android - System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
Telerik UI for Android is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1)
- OS X
Telerik UI for Android supports all Android versions back to API Level 14. The Examples application supports all Android versions back to API Level 14.
In order to develop applications with Telerik UI for Android you need to have installed the following development tools:
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Android SDK
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE): Eclipse + ADT plugin or Android Studio
It is very important to make sure that the v7 AppCompat and v7 RecyclerView versions are aligned with the target SDK version of your Android project. For example, if the targetSdk of your Android project is set to 23, you should also use v7 AppCompat v23.
The ADT Bundle provides you with all required components with a single download. Optionally you can also install Android Studio.