WinZip can be used to zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times and effective file compression.
Quickly and easily zip, protect, share and manage all your files with the world's #1 zip utility.
- Unzip all major file formats
- Zip files to reduce email attachment size
- Protect files with banking-level encryption
- Access and manage files on your PC, network and clouds
- Connect to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and more...
NEW! Search Files faster
Stop searching for files in all the wrong places. Use WinZip?s new built-in search feature to quickly track down files stored locally, on your network, or in your cloud storage, even when you don?t remember where you put them.
NEW! Combine Multiple PDF files into One PDF
Use WinZip Pro or Enterprise to combine your PDFs. You can convert multiple PDF files into a single PDF file to save, zip, or share. You can even organize the order of pages in your PDF, then combine and protect them with WinZip?s PDF security features.
Drag and Drop "Add to Zip" in WinZip?s Files Pane
Easily add files to Zip files displayed in WinZip's Files pane. Simply drag and drop your files onto a Zip file in the WinZip Files pane and it gets added- just like that!
Direct Access Technology for faster display and unzipping
WinZip's Direct Access Technology provides a noticeable reduction in time to display and unzip large Zip files stored in the cloud.
Prompt to unzip on open
Now you can instantly unzip any Zip file in Explorer, or from the WinZip Files Pane, the WinZip Ribbon or File menu. Easily unzip files to the folder that it originated from, your Documents folder, or a folder that you choose!
Unzip to file pane folder
With a single click of a button, you can unzip any file to the selected folder in the Files Pane.
Faster start-up performance
Now you can strictly focus on the task at hand and not on whether the WinZip application has launched because WinZip now takes half the time to start up. Work faster and eliminate the risk of launching multiple WinZip windows.
POSIX TAR support
You can now open and unzip POSIX TAR files in the updated compression format.
Replace Zip Files with their Content
Quickly and easily unzip a group of Zip files and replace them with their native files.
Create a split Zip file from Explorer
Easily distribute large Zip files without worrying about timeouts or failed uploads/downloads. This convenient feature creates a multi-part zip file for easier distribution.
Keep more music on your phone or on a cloud service, or share playlists more easily, with enhanced loss-less MP3 compression. WinZip 24 compresses your MP3 files by 15 ? 20% on average with no loss in quality thanks to the enhanced Zipx format.
Extract content from the industry's widest selection of compressed file types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Zip, BZ2, LHA/LZH, VHD/VDMK, XZ and many more. When extracting encrypted files, WinZip auto-wipes all temporarily extracted copies to prevent misuse.
Zip files from any location
Easily find your most-used files and folders on your PC, network and clouds in Frequent Folders, which updates dynamically.
Zip from other applications
WinZip Express lets you use popular WinZip features even when you're working in other applications. Use it with Explorer, Microsoft Office, your scanner (Pro only), your photos (Pro only) and Microsoft Outlook to zip, encrypt, share and more.* WinZip Express tools now support Office 2016.
WinZip - Features
Click here to view a feature comparison.
Click here to view an Edition comparison table.
- Security: AES encryption including automatic wiping. An encrypted file is opened via a temporary copy of the file on that is saved on disk. The temporary copy is deleted when the file is closed, but the file is wipedusing the US Department of Defence standard (DoD 5220.22-M) to prevent temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files from being recovered. WinZip recognises Intel-based computers with built-in AES encryption and uses the available hardware support to speed encryption operations
- Zipping: most operations can be accessed directly via a context-sensitive click in Microsoft Windows Explorer. The following updated dialogue boxes are available for Microsoft Windows 7 and Vista users:
- Add: use the Organise and Views features to find files, folders and libraries to be added to the Zip file. Add specific types of files such as documents or spreadsheets and create a custom filter to control which files are added and to modify other options
- Extract: navigate and find the libraries or folders to be extracted by selecting a folder or library and clicking Extract.
WinZip - System Requirements
Supported operating systems
Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7